[Buildroot] mail list details

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 12:09:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Parsa Panahi
<panahi.parsa at paravisioner.com> wrote:
> Hi I want to become familiar with buildroot daily mails which comes to me
> everyday.
>
> I receive many emails in this format that is changing some packages with
> some config file. for example the following is about a change to opencv
> package to support qt5.. but I don't know how to apply it to my config file,
> so it become updated ...

What is sent on the list are 'patches'. A patch is a set of lines
representing a change to the code. See also
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_%28Unix%29

The typical way to start is to use a git repository and clone the
buildroot sources. Patches can then be applied using 'git am', or
using the standard 'patch' utility (git is recommended).
See http://nightly.buildroot.org/manual.html#getting-buildroot and
http://nightly.buildroot.org/manual.html#apply-patches-patchwork for
some details.