[Buildroot] Buildroot 2014.08-rc1 released

Peter Korsgaard jacmet at uclibc.org
Fri Aug 8 22:05:03 UTC 2014

Hi,

Buildroot 2014.08-rc1 is released - Go download it at:

http://buildroot.net/downloads/buildroot-2014.08-rc1.tar.gz

or

http://buildroot.net/downloads/buildroot-2014.08-rc1.tar.bz2

Or get it from Git:

git://git.buildroot.net/buildroot

Please give it a spin and report any problems to the mailing list or
bug tracker. Many thanks to the people contributing to this release:

git shortlog -s -n 2014.05..

   427	Gustavo Zacarias
   112	Yann E. MORIN
   101	Thomas Petazzoni
    86	Bernd Kuhls
    48	Francois Perrad
    39	Peter Korsgaard
    32	Thomas De Schampheleire
    26	Baruch Siach
    24	Samuel Martin
    15	Gary Bisson
    15	Waldemar Brodkorb
    13	Fatih Aşıcı
    12	Eric Le Bihan
    12	Yegor Yefremov
    11	Danomi Manchego
    10	Alexey Brodkin
    10	Fabio Porcedda
    10	Hadrien Boutteville
     9	Cody P Schafer
     9	Jerzy Grzegorek
     9	Maxime Hadjinlian
     8	Anton Kolesov
     8	Benoît Thébaudeau
     8	Max Filippov
     8	Peter Seiderer
     7	Arnout Vandecappelle
     7	Vicente Olivert Riera
     6	Simon Dawson
     4	Davide Viti
     4	Jérôme Pouiller
     4	Marcelo Gutiérrez(UTN/FRH)
     4	Matt Weber
     4	Philippe Proulx
     4	Sagaert Johan
     4	Vivien Didelot
     3	Arnaud Aujon
     3	David Bachelart
     3	Ezequiel García
     3	Oli Vogt
     3	Romain Naour
     3	Steve Thomas
     3	Vincent
     3	Yuvaraj Patil
     2	Alexandre Belloni
     2	Alvaro G. M
     2	Heiko Abraham
     2	Ivan Sergeev
     2	James Hogan
     2	Jeremy Kerr
     2	Joerg Krause
     2	Jordi Llonch
     2	Luca Ceresoli
     2	Nathaniel Roach
     2	Pascal Huerst
     2	Peter Kümmel
     2	Ryan Barnett
     2	Stephan Hoffmann
     2	Sven Neumann
     1	Alvaro Gamez
     1	Andreas Naumann
     1	Angelo Compagnucci
     1	Arnaud Rébillout
     1	Clayton Shotwell
     1	Colin Didier
     1	Eric Limpens
     1	Eric Nelson
     1	Henry Margies
     1	Jason Pruitt
     1	Javier Domingo Cansino
     1	Jean-Baptiste Theou
     1	Jeff Bailey
     1	Johan Derycke
     1	Karoly Kasza
     1	Kim De Mey
     1	Marcin Bis
     1	Massimo Callegari
     1	Mischa Jonker
     1	Phil Eichinger
     1	Pieter De Gendt
     1	Rick Taylor
     1	Spenser Gilliland
     1	Xh Xiao
     1	alex.bennee at linaro.org

And a special thanks to our patch reviewers:

git log 2014.05.. | grep -Ei '(reviewed|acked)-by:' | \
    sed 's/.*by: //' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n -r

    131 "Yann E. MORIN" <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr>
     23 Arnout Vandecappelle (Essensium/Mind) <arnout at mind.be>
     22 Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com>
     19 Samuel Martin <s.martin49 at gmail.com>
     13 Thomas De Schampheleire <thomas.de.schampheleire at gmail.com>
     12 Gustavo Zacarias <gustavo at zacarias.com.ar>
      5 Markos Chandras <Markos.Chandras at imgtec.com>
      4 Luca Ceresoli <luca at lucaceresoli.net>
      4 Bernd Kuhls <bernd.kuhls at t-online.de>
      2 "Spenser Gilliland" <spenser at gillilanding.com>
      2 Baruch Siach <baruch at tkos.co.il>
      1 Vivien Didelot <vivien.didelot at savoirfairelinux.com>
      1 Ryan Barnett <ryan.barnett at rockwellcollins.com>
      1 Markos Chandras <markos.chandras at imgtec.com>
      1 Eric Le Bihan <eric.le.bihan.dev at free.fr>

This time again we had more than 80 unique contributors! I'm very happy
to see so many "new" people next to the "oldtimers". It was also a very
busy cycle with close to 1200 commits and changes all over the tree.

Of noteworthy new features we have:

 - Architecture: Powerpc64 BE/LE added, AVR32 deprecated.
   Improved altivec / SPE /atomic instructions handling. Additional
   PowerPC CPU variants added.

 - Defconfigs: Atmel SAMA5D3, Congatec QMX6, Lego ev3, TS-5x00,
   qemu-system-xtensa, qemu-aarch64-virt added. A number of tweaks to
   existing ones. lpc32xx defconfigs removed.

 - Toolchain: Microblaze support for internal musl toolchain.
   Default to GCC 4.8 for internal toolchain, remove deprecated 4.3 and
   4.6 versions.
   External CodeSourcery / Linaro toolchain updates, option to copy
   gconv libraries for external toolchains.

 - Infrastructure: graph-depends: misc fixes, transitive dependencies
   are not drawn by default. Download handling is now done using helper
   scripts. Integrity of downloads can now be verified using sha*
   hashes. Subversion download now uses peg revisions for robustness.

   Legal-info: License info of local or overridden packages are saved as
   well. Toolchain packages are also taken into account.
   autotools: Static linking with libtool / v1.5 improvements.
   Gettextize support, similar to autoreconf.

   kconfig package infrastructure added.

 - Large number of new packages (64):
   Multimedia: imx-vpu, libglew, libglu, libmpdclient, libva,
   libva-intel-driver, ncmpc, opencore-amr, sox, twolame
   Perl extensions: perl-datetime-tiny, perl-gd, perl-gdgraph,
   perl-gdtextutil, perl-io-socket-ssl, perl-json-tiny, perl-mojolicious,
   perl-net-ssleay, perl-path-tiny, perl-try-tiny, perl-xml-libxml,
   perl-xml-namespacesupport, perl-xml-sax, perl-xml-sax-base,
   Python extensions: python-cffi, python-daemon, python-flup,
   python-ipython, python-numpy
   Networking: flickcurl, geoip, linux-zigbee, sshpass, whois
   Misc: gnupg2, kexec-lite, memcached, patchelf, ..

And the usual package version updates and bug fixes. See the CHANGES
file for details:

http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/plain/CHANGES?id=2014.08-rc1

Like usual, I will now create a next branch and start merging in new
features, rather than wait until 2014.08 is released.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard