[Buildroot] OT: Using oprofile on buildroot system

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 15:59:13 UTC 2014

On 2014-08-20, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...] when I try to run opcontrol, it appears to be
> trying to load a runtime kernel module:

Rats.  I was looking at the wrong kconfig variable.  Somebody told me
that oprofile support was enabled, and I saw that CONFIG_HAVE_OPROFILE
was set to 'y'. But, that doesn't mean you _have_ oprofile support
enabled.  After enabling the correct variable (CONFIG_OPROFILE), it
looks like it's working...

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm wearing PAMPERS!!
                                  at