[Buildroot] Using external toolchain

Charles Krinke charles.krinke at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 19:33:10 UTC 2014

I'm working with buildroot 2011.02 on a project which is in production and
the company wishes to change to a newer toolchain, crosstools-ng version
1.20.0 (gcc-4.9.1).

I set in the toolchain with the location and prefix, but the build fails
with an incorrect sysroot.

For instance, the toolchain is at:

/opt/toolchains/powerpc-econolite_e300c2-linux-gnu/bin/powerpc-econolite_e300c2-linux-gnu-gcc

But the sysroot comes out:

--sysroot=
*/home/ckrinke/asc4_bsp/buildroot-glibc/output/host/usr/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/sysroot*

Note the "econolite" vs the "unknown" in the tuple. This is complicated by
the fact that output/host/usr/power* is non-existent

I *think* that one can specify sysroot when compiling and would appreciate
a suggestion or two to get me out of this despicable place.

--
Charles Krinke