[Buildroot] [v3, 12/12] Add option for paranoid unsafe path checking

Romain Naour romain.naour at openwide.fr
Sat Dec 13 00:19:13 UTC 2014

Hello Jörg,

Le 13/12/2014 01:04, Jörg Krause a écrit :
> Hi Romain Naour,
>
> what should I do if a package build fails because of an unsafe path
> error? Propose a patch for the package?

Yes, you needs patch the package's build system to remove the host path.

This error appear if one of the following paths is used during the
cross-compilation:
"/lib"
"/usr/include"
"/usr/lib"
"/usr/local/include"
"/usr/local/lib"

Also, you can disable the paranoid wrapper in
Build options > Advanced > paranoid check of library/header paths
(You'll just have a warning)

Romain Naour

OPEN WIDE Ingénierie - Paris
23/25, rue Daviel| 75013 PARIS
http://ingenierie.openwide.fr

Le blog des technologies libres et embarquées :
http://www.linuxembedded.fr