[Buildroot] Few questions external toolchain

Marco Trapanese marcotrapanese at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 18:18:18 UTC 2014

Hello,
after reading the documentation I still have some questions.
I want to use a Linaro toolchain for an imx6 board.

The toolchain is hosted on a git repository, and I don't understand how
to tell this to buildroot. It seems it looks for a tar.gz file.

Anyway I tried to manually git clone the toolchain and I passed the
directory of the local repo.
When it tries to compile something it returns:

checking for arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi-gcc...
/home/marco/dev/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in
`/home/marco/dev/buildroot/output/build/alsa-lib-1.0.26':

the path is correct, but why it looks for
"arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabi-gcc"? It seems the internal toolchain!

Attached there is my .config file and the buildroot version is: 2014.02-rc2

Thanks!
Marco