[Buildroot] Analysis of build failures

Ezequiel García ezequiel at vanguardiasur.com.ar
Fri Feb 7 15:07:22 UTC 2014

On 7 February 2014 11:55, Thomas Petazzoni
[..]

> Have a look at config.log to see why it fails to detect that setns() is
> available.

Thanks for the tip:

| /* The GNU C library defines this for functions which it implements
|     to always fail with ENOSYS.  Some functions are actually named
|     something starting with __ and the normal name is an alias.  */
| #if defined __stub_setns || defined __stub___setns
| choke me
| #endif

Old nios2 kernel ports does not have setns system call. I've confirmed
at least v3.7 (the one I use on production stuff) lacks setns. Latest
v3.12 (development kernel) *does* support setns.

I guess the toolchain people just set it to be unimplemented.

Want a patch masking lxc package on nios2?
--
Ezequiel García, VanguardiaSur
www.vanguardiasur.com.ar