[Buildroot] Antw: build speedup possible?

Andreas Naumann dev at andin.de
Mon Feb 10 11:31:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

Am 07.02.2014 17:43, schrieb Thomas Petazzoni:

> If we want to get this to the next level, someone need to experiment
> with per-package sysroot. Of course, this would be a long experiment,
> without necessarily at the end the guarantee that we will accept it,
> because it may be too complex to match Buildroot simplicity principle.

as I said, we have hacked br to a per-package sysroot in the past. This
was in order to create isolated ipkgs and did its job. Even if we dont
solve any of the dependency issues with that, it could be a starting
point. If this is of  interest I can try to go further with it.

And for the depency issue, how does OE solve it?

cheers,
Andreas