[Buildroot] Bugs cleanup (input requested)

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 10 17:48:13 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 5:48 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
> Dear Thomas De Schampheleire,
>
> On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 16:20:10 +0100, Thomas De Schampheleire wrote:
>
>> > For these bug reports, did you change them to another state?
>>
>> Not yet. I see that several already are in state 'enhancement', prio P5.
>>
>> What about additionally 'assigning' them to a mailing address that
>> reflects that these are packages? Currently unassigned bugs are
>> assigned to 'unassigned at buildroot.uclibc.org'. Is this a real e-mail
>> address or not? What about we assign 'new package' entries to
>> 'unassigned-newpkg at buildroot.uclibc.org' instead?
>
> What would this be useful for? I believe we should either find people
> willing to "adopt" those packages and do the remaining work needed to
> get them merge, or close the bugs.

Main goal would be to visually separate 'add-package-foo' enhancements
(which are relatively easy to close) from other enhancements.

Finding people to adopt the package patches in enhancement requests is
similar to finding people to adopt patches from the patchwork cleanup
actions. The amount of developers attending the buildroot developer
days this year gives me good hopes to actually get to this, but it may
take some time.