[Buildroot] Analysis of build failures

Vicente Olivert Riera Vincent.Riera at imgtec.com
Mon Feb 24 09:47:10 UTC 2014

On 02/22/2014 09:54 PM, Ryan Barnett wrote:
> Thomas and Vicente,
>
> On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 10:08 AM, Thomas Petazzoni
> <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:
>
>>>      mipsel |                  rt-tests-0.83 | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/c76e6f8b2d7fc29abc2f4dcae962b60cf91a8e0c/
>>
>> Usual rt-tests failure on mipsel, fixed by a bump of rt-tests, but
>> which was committed to next.
>
> rt-tests was not bumped on next but rather ltp-testsuite was to fix an
> issue. However, Vicente submitted a patch to uclibc that will add for
> _tid specifically targeted for this package. Is this something that
> could be backported to our uclibc version?
>
> Specifically the commit is as follows:
>
> http://git.uclibc.org/uClibc/commit/?id=b4e6e61e2f7c6fb4bf59f66efaa74591a2112912
>
> Another option to fix the rt-tests-0.83 failures is to disable
> rt-tests when uclibc for mipsel is used.
>
> This is what I found when I was investigating a recent rt-tests-0.83
> autobuilder failure. I will not have time backport Vicente's patch but
> I may have time to submit a patch to disable this package in the way
> that is described above.
>
> Thanks,
> -Ryan

If we decide to not add more uClibc patches on BR, then I think we
should disable this package for uClibc + mips. Is useless to always have
an autobuild failure that you already know where the problem is but you
are not going to fix it. FIx it or disable that package. This autobuild
failure is just more nonsense flood.

--
Vincent