[Buildroot] Few questions external toolchain

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 13:10:04 UTC 2014

Hi Marco,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 11:17 AM, Marco Trapanese
<marcotrapanese at gmail.com> wrote:

> After digging a bit more I found the following:
>
> ls -l ~/dev/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/*gcc
>
> lrwxrwxrwx 1 marco marco     21 feb 25 11:00 arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-gcc ->
> ext-toolchain-wrapper
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 marco marco   5908 feb 25 11:00 ext-toolchain-wrapper
>

> ./arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-gcc
> arm-fsl-linux-gnueabi-gcc: fatal error: no input files
>
> it's ok, but:
>
> ./ext-toolchain-wrapper
> /home/marco/dev/fsl-linaro-toolchain/bin/ext-toolchain-wrapper: No such file
> or directory
>
> I don't understand this behavior and I didn't find any information about in
> the documentation. Did I searched wrong?

The external toolchain wrapper is created automatically by buildroot
when the toolchain is 'installed'.
However, above I see two different paths:
/home/marco/dev/fsl-linaro-toolchain/bin/ext-toolchain-wrapper
and
~/dev/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/

Have you moved the buildroot repository to another location? Normally
the toolchain wrapper is located in <output>/host/usr/bin, just like
the symbolic links that point to it.