[Buildroot] Analysis of VLC build failures

Simon Dawson spdawson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 15:17:35 UTC 2014

On 25 February 2014 07:15, Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be> wrote:
>  My feeling is that vlc is currently not in a state that we can release
> it. I have no issue with including some package that doesn't work very
> well in a release, but for a flagship package like vlc I think it's
> important that we really get it right. And currently we don't.

When I (re-)added this package, I had hoped to have more time to spend
on getting it working properly. (As it happens, the project for which
I needed vlc has now been abandoned.)

I tend to agree that this is a potentially "high profile" package, and
that it ought perhaps to be dropped from the 2014.02 release.