[Buildroot] Wrong compiler path when compiling zlib

Ivan Wagner ivan.wagner at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 22:46:27 UTC 2014

I noticed that the compiler base directory is actually wrong when
attempting to compiler the zlib library.

I've configured CodeSourcery as an external pre-installed toolchain with
path under /opt but this is the error log I get when trying to compile zlib:

--------------------
./configure --shared --prefix=/usr
Wed Jan  1 23:37:01 CET 2014
=== ztest6146.c ===
extern int getchar();
int hello() {return getchar();}
===
/home/ivan/projects/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc
-c ztest6146.c
./configure: line 165:
/home/ivan/projects/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc:
No such file or directory
... using
/home/ivan/projects/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc

Checking for obsessive-compulsive compiler options...
=== ztest6146.c ===
int foo() { return 0; }
===
/home/ivan/projects/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc
-c -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -pipe
-Os -fPIC ztest6146.c
./configure: line 343:
/home/ivan/projects/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc:
No such file or directory
(exit code 127)
Compiler error reporting is too harsh for ./configure (perhaps remove
-Werror).
** ./configure aborting.

I don't know where it gets the
/home/ivan/projects/buildroot/output/host/usr/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc
path from...

I someone facing something similar when trying to compile everything with
an external pre-installed toolchain?

Thank you,

Ivan