[Buildroot] busybox and exporting variables

Charles Krinke charles.krinke at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 21:52:56 UTC 2014

This is more of a busybox then buildroot question, but please bear with me.

I have two designs now in production using buildroot and need to accomplish
a few things that seem to be escaping me with busybox and would appreciate
a bit of advice.

1. I would like to execute a couple of bash commands (killall and rmmod)
when the "reboot" command is executed. I *thougth* that I could add these
to /etc/inittab in the shutdown section, but they dont execute. Is there a
way to easily execute a couple of bash commands in busybox when the
"shutdown" command is executed?

2. I cannot seem to export variables from /etc/init.d resource scripts.
What could be unique about a busybox environment that would preclude any
script executing in /etc/init.d to *not* export a variable. A clue or two
would be appreciated.

Charles Krinke