[Buildroot] Wrong compiler path when compiling zlib

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Thu Jan 2 12:20:26 UTC 2014

Dear Ivan Wagner,

On Thu, 2 Jan 2014 11:37:58 +0100, Ivan Wagner wrote:

> yes you're right it's quite unusual in fact I changed it to little
> endian but I still see the same toolchain paths that aren't pointing
> to the custom pre-installed I've selected.

It is expected that the compiler isn't pointing directly to your
external toolchain. Buildroot compiles a small wrapper around the
external toolchain, in order to pass some appropriate arguments when
the external compiler is called. Therefore it is perfectly normal that
the compiler is called output/host/usr/bin/arm-<something>-gcc. Any
other value would be wrong.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons