[Buildroot] Patchwork oldest patches cleanup #5 (deadline January 19)

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Sun Jan 5 16:20:14 UTC 2014

Thomas, All,

On 2014-01-05 17:01 +0100, Thomas De Schampheleire spake thusly:
> Here is the session 5 of the patchwork cleanup.
[--SNIP--]
> [1/1,v2] Hide issue and hostname menu when using a custom skeleton.
> Sagaert Johan <sagaert.johan at skynet.be>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/211644

Since I've already been involved in that one, I'll handle it.
It needs a bit of a refresh.

> [1/2] makebootfat: new package
> Floris Bos <bos at je-eigen-domein.nl>
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/213112

I'm not sure we need that one. We already have:
  - host-dosfstools to generate (empty) fat filesystems in a image file;
  - host-mtools to add files to a fat filesystem, and it works with
    image files.

For example, I use it as thus:
http://ymorin.is-a-geek.org/git/buildroot.config/tree/scripts/genimages.d/fs/vfat

So I suggest we just drop makebootfat, there's no need to duplicate our
host packages.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.