[Buildroot] ParaGUI package?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Wed Jan 8 03:34:04 UTC 2014

Dear Hartley Sweeten,

On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 00:10:29 +0000, Hartley Sweeten wrote:

> I'm trying to find a simple GUI library that can be used with SDL and this one appears
> to cover my needs. Unfortunately the ParaGUI library appears to be a bit dead. The
> latest release at http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/paragui/ is
>
> paragui-1.1.8.tar.gz	19-Oct-2004
>
> I found a newer branch on https://github.com/pipelka/paragui that appears to be
> version 1.1.11.

My first reaction is: do you really want to start using something that
appears to be dead/deprecated?

> Makefile.am: error: required file './NEWS' not found
> Makefile.am: error: required file './ChangeLog' not found

These seems to be the real problems. Easiest solution is to add a post
patch hook with "touch $(@D)/NEWS $(@D)/ChangeLog"

A cleaner solution is to add the "foreign" option in the
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE call in configure.in, like:

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([1.10 no-define foreign])

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons