[Buildroot] command line regular expression substitution fails

Ed Sutter ed.sutter at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Jan 8 13:31:44 UTC 2014

Peter,
Thanks, I rebuilt my rootfs starting from scratch (just to make sure I
didn't accidentally
change something in .config).  Problem persists...
Verbosely here are the changes I made:
$ make menuconfig...
#   Target ARM (Little-Endian)
#   Target Cortex A-9
#   Under toolchain:
#       External
#       Sourcery Codebench ARM 2013.05
#       Downloaded and installed
#   Under System Configuration, chose ttymxc0 as the Port to run a getty
(login prompt) on,
#   Under Target Packages->Filesystem and Flash utilities: enable
dosfstools and e2fsprogs
#   Under Filesystem Images, selected Output cpio - gzipped; tar the
root filesystem
$ make busybox-menuconfig...
#    Linux System Utilities ---> [*] fdisk

The iMX6 is a Cortex A9; however, looking at my notes, I see that the
instructions
I got this from say to use Cortex A8.  When I make that one change, this
problem goes away...
How is it that changing from A9 (valid for iMX6) to A8 would affect
command line regular
expression parsing?
Ed