[Buildroot] [git commit] minidlna: fix static linking

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jan 28 21:16:53 UTC 2014

Dear Peter Korsgaard,

On Wed, 8 Jan 2014 09:00:11 +0100, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

> -# static build is broken w.r.t libgcc_s
> +ifeq ($(BR2_PREFER_STATIC_LIB),y)
> +# the configure script / Makefile forgets to link with some of the dependent
> +# libraries breaking static linking, so help it along
> +MINIDLNA_CONF_ENV = \
> +	LIBS='-lavformat -lavcodec -lavutil -logg -lz -lpthread -lm'
> +else

I know we're doing this in a bunch of cases, but I believe we should
rather fix the package itself, rather than encoding into the
Buildroot .mk file the list of libraries to link with. Because if
libogg or libavutil becomes unnecessary in a future version of
minidlna, we may not notice, and still link needlessly against them.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons