[Buildroot] i.MX 3.10.17 updates

Gary Bisson bisson.gary at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 00:11:19 UTC 2014

Eric, All,

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 1:01 PM, Yann E. MORIN <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr>
wrote:

> Eric, All,
>
> On 2014-07-10 12:54 -0700, Eric Nelson spake thusly:
> > On 07/10/2014 12:01 PM, Gary Bisson wrote:
> > > Resend my e-mail with the correct e-mail address so the mailing-list
> can
> > > see it:
> > >
> > > On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 11:53 AM, BISSON Gary
> > > <gbisson at adeneo-embedded.us <mailto:gbisson at adeneo-embedded.us>>
> wrote:
> > >
> > >     Hi Eric,
> > >
> > >     Please find attached both my buildroot and my kernel config.
> > >     I was using a code sourcery 2013.05 toolchain for my testing.
> > >     Regarding GStreamer, might just be a missing plugin not necessarily
> > >     related to the fsl one. Hope my config will help.
> > >

> > This is the config I started with, so I suspect that you'll also have
> > difficulties playing video.

I confirm that your stream wasn't playing because of some gstreamer missing
plugins. Please find attached a new configuration that enables matroska
plugin (webm format) and autodetect (for playbin) among others.
The test has been run on a Sabrelite connected to a 1080p hdmi display:
# gplay tears_of_steel_1080p.webm
# gplay trailer_1080p_h264_mp3.avi

Regards,
Gary