[Buildroot] Build cross gdb and eclipse plugin

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jun 3 15:22:58 UTC 2014

Dear Jerônimo Lopes,

On Tue, 3 Jun 2014 11:29:54 -0300, Jerônimo Lopes wrote:
> First off all, sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.
>
> I'm using buildroot, with external toolchain Sourcery CodeBench ARM
> 2013.11. I'm also using buildroot eclipse plugin.
>
> If I set BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_GDB [=y] buildroot creates a file named
> 'arm-linux-gdb'.
>
> But if I create a new debug configuration in eclipse, it sets the path for
> the GDB debbuger as
> '"buildroot_folder"/output/host/usr/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gdb'.
>
> It's not a big problem at all, I just change the name of the file and
> everything works, but I no idea how to provide a patch for it.

That's because if you use a Sourcery CodeBench ARM toolchain, there is
no reason to enable BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_GDB, because the toolchain already
has a cross-debugger included.

Though, we should probably make this a bit more robust to avoid having
users run into the issue you've seen.

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons