[Buildroot] Some files to be copied to root file systems such as openvpn keys, conf

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Tue Jun 10 10:23:10 UTC 2014

Dear Samuel Martin,

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 12:06:44 +0200, Samuel Martin wrote:

> AFAIK, there is no way to set permissions on files outside a package's
> *.mk files :-(

Huh? I guess you should have a look at the BR2_ROOTFS_DEVICE_TABLE
option then. It is precisely meant to allow that: set file permissions.

I know the name of the option is not really appropriate (we kept it as
is for backward compatibility reasons), but the prompt and description
are pretty clear:

config BR2_ROOTFS_DEVICE_TABLE
        string "Path to the permission tables"
        default "system/device_table.txt"
        help
          Specify a space-separated list of permission table locations,
          that will be passed to the makedevs utility to assign
          correct owners and permissions on various files in the
          target filesystem.

          See package/makedevs/README for details on the usage and
          syntax of these files.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons