[Buildroot] Help about gstreamer h264 in buildroot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Jun 14 22:34:43 UTC 2014

Dear Marco Trapanese,

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 21:50:19 +0200, Marco Trapanese wrote:

> > .obj/qeglfshooks_pi.o: In function
> > `QEglFSPiHooks::destroyNativeWindow(void*)':
> > qeglfshooks_pi.cpp:(.text+0x2c): undefined reference to
> > `vc_dispmanx_update_start' qeglfshooks_pi.cpp:(.text+0x38): undefined
> > reference to
>
> How is it possible?
> Shouldn't the same configuration lead to the same output?

Two possibilities:

 1/ We're not using exactly the same Buildroot version, so that might
    affect the build.

 2/ Sometimes, the host environment has some impact on the build.
    Buildroot tries to avoid this as much as possible, but the
    cross-compilation is never fully guaranteed from being isolated of
    the host machine configuration.

> > That's an issue with the RPi OpenGL implementation, I think we have
> > had a couple of similar failures in the autobuilders. Maxime, Yann,
> > any suggestion? Thomas
>
> Well, given that this currently doesn't work in buildroot, is there
> another way to play an mp4/h264 video from Qt5?

I think we should rather fix the problems :)

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons