[Buildroot] [ANNOUNCE] Autobuilder script available, join the autobuilder effort!

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Jun 21 17:20:52 UTC 2014

Dear Matthew Weber,

Thanks for your report!

On Fri, 20 Jun 2014 16:03:34 -0500, Matthew Weber wrote:

> I seem to get the following output.  It looks like the build is right
> before the spot where it is doing the initial "make
> O=./instance-#/output -C ./buildroot".  If I manually go into the
> instance#/output folder and do a "make", things seem to look like
> they're working as expected (building packages/downloading archives,
> etc).  So my theory is something in my shell environment or the fact
> I'm using python2.6 with that subprocess.....  One thing I noticed
> when I got this error was that the resulting logfile in the output
> folder is empty.  I added a test write to this file before line 327
> and I saw what I wrote.  So it looks like the subprocess isn't getting
> called successfully.  Since I'm going to run the script on a newer
> server that has python2.7, this email is probably just a FYI and I'll
> retest once I'm setup to test on that server.

The builds on the Free Electrons build server are running inside an old
Debian chroot which also uses Python 2.6 (2.6.6 to be exact), and it's
working fine.

> Process Process-1:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/multiprocessing/process.py", line 232, in _bootstrap
>     self.run()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/multiprocessing/process.py", line 88, in run
>     self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)
>   File "./autobuild-run", line 437, in run_instance
>     ret = do_build(instance, instance_log)
>   File "./autobuild-run", line 327, in do_build
>     stdout=f, stderr=f)

Are you sure you're using the latest version of the script? The code at
lines 327 and 437 do not match what your exception stack is showing.
But I'm a bit surprised, because I don't think I've made any changes to
the script since I made the public announcement on the Buildroot
mailing list.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons