[Buildroot] Switching from uClibc to glibc as the default in Buildroot?

Thomas De Schampheleire patrickdepinguin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 08:07:27 UTC 2014

Hi all,

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 9:32 AM, Peter Korsgaard <jacmet at uclibc.org> wrote:

>  > Dear Khem Raj,
>  > On Tue, 18 Feb 2014 18:43:41 -0800, Khem Raj wrote:
>
>  >> > There are a great number of fixes since the last numbered release and I for one would greatly appreciate having at least a "testing" release with a bumped version number to use. Other than the ldso stat call problem I reported a couple of weeks ago, uClibc trunk has been working fairly well, and most bugs I run into are the typical growing pains of toolchain building from scratch rather than uClibc problems.
>  >>
>  >> so get going start testing git/master and report issues or successes you have.
>  >> help in testing it out, run uclibc test suites or any others you have setups for
>
>  > Please break the chicken-and-egg problem, and release 2014.02-rc1 right
>  > now, spit out a call for testing, and release 2014.02 at the end of the
>  > month. (Or pick any other date you want, those are just suggestions).
>
> Inded. When Bernard suggested the same last year I did test and reported
> issues, but never got any reply:
>
> http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2013-November/048093.html

Any further evolution in this matter?

Until now, this mail thread did not seem to have triggered any real
activity from the uClibc community.

Khem Raj: what is the plan forward? You have requested patches to be
sent, and testing to be performed, and the Buildroot community has
responded by telling that we only have patches that are already in the
uClibc tree (unreleased) and we have been testing this for a long
while already, without problems.

Maybe you feel this is not enough, in which case kindly provide more
details about what you consider blocking points to make a release, or
even a release candidate.

Thanks,
Thomas De Schampheleire