[Buildroot] Problem with autoreconf mesa3d

Will Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Fri Mar 7 10:11:13 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am seeing a build error whilst building mesa3d in 2014.02. The error
occurs when autoreconf rebuilds the configure file.

In configure.ac there is the following to determine the version of mes3d:

m4_define([mesa_version],
     [m4_esyscmd([${MAKE-make} -s -f bin/version.mk version | tr -d '\n'
| tr -d '\r'])])

The output of this should be "7.10.3"

My problem is that I have a wrapper Makefile that calls buildroot. This
then means that when autoreconf is called make will print out the
directory like "make: Entering directory `/foo/bar/mesa3d'."

So what I get is version being defined as

"make: Entering directory `/foo/bar/mesa3d'.7.10.3make: Leaving
directory `/foo/bar/mesa3d'."

It easy for me to fix because I can use --no-print-directory when
invoking buildroot from my wrapper makefile but it feels like this is an
issue with mesa3d.

This feels like a poorly written configure.ac file. Would people agree?
Is it worth patching it to prevent this? I know people are working on
bumping the version of mesa so perhaps this would just go away with that?

Thanks
Will

Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7471 9224
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA