[Buildroot] How to change buildroot directory

Marco Trapanese marcotrapanese at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 08:10:54 UTC 2014

Hello,
I prepared a virtual machine with a fully configured (and compiled)
buildroot filesystem/toolchain.
Now I have to transfer this buildroot environment to another machine,
which has a different path of course.

How this could be done?

Currently I tried:

1) create from scratch a new buildroot clone on the new machine and use
my .config. Disadvantages: you need to recompile everything and using
the latest builds you cannot have the same version.

2) copy the whole buildroot directory: the problem is every Makefile has
the old path... so it's not possible to launch a make without a full
clean/make cycle.

What do you recommend?
Thanks
Marco