[Buildroot] Major patch sets to review and test

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Mar 29 09:40:45 UTC 2014

Hello,

As you've noticed, I've started committing a few patches. Peter is on
business trip for a week, so I'm temporarily taking over the
maintenance of Buildroot, with Peter's agreement of course.

I'd like to take advantage of this to make some progress on at least a
few of the major patch series that are sitting in patchwork, and
therefore I would like people to comment/test/review those patch series.

The patch series I would like to have a look at are:

 * The Python 2 / Python 3 fixes from Samuel. This series is
   particularly important because it's needed to fix a number of
   recurrent autobuilder failures. I'd especially appreciate to get some
   reviews from Arnout on this series.

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.uclibc.buildroot/79108/

 * The virtual package infrastructure from Yann.

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.uclibc.buildroot/79441/

 * The download infrastructure changes from Yann.

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.uclibc.buildroot/79474/

Of course, reviews on other patches are also appreciated, but I'd like
to put the emphasis on those three series. I know they are not the
easiest ones, but we need to get through them.

Thanks!

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons