[Buildroot] [RFC, PATCH 2/8] package/dropbear: Add separate configuration options for client and server

Jeremy Kerr jk at ozlabs.org
Tue Mar 4 01:07:35 UTC 2014

Hi Gustavo,

> Normally we don't make initscript installation an option

I think dropbear is a bit exceptional here, as both server and client
are in the one package.

> and since the
> dropbear package options are essentially a no-op what's the point?

There are some scenarios where there's no point starting a SSH server
(in my case, it's because there's no persistent storage, so no
persistent host keys). However, I'd still like a ssh/scp client to be
available.

> (if you don't want sshd to startup on boot you can use a post build
> script to just remove the initscript from the target, that's the
> recommended way).

But isn't something that will go upstream and be available in a
defconfig, right?

Regards,

Jeremy