[Buildroot] rsync fails to build

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sat Mar 29 17:00:38 UTC 2014

Dear Sagaert Johan,

On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 17:39:20 +0100, Sagaert Johan wrote:

> It contains some suspected lines :
> (I am using gcc 4.6.x)
>
> checking attr/xattr.h usability... yes
> checking attr/xattr.h presence... no
> configure.sh: WARNING: attr/xattr.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the preprocessor!
> configure.sh: WARNING: attr/xattr.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
> checking for attr/xattr.h... Yes
>
> My older (working)build does not have these warnings, but the attr package is selected due to the udev selection and udev extras.
>
> (Did you build with the packages attr and acl disabled ?)

I had acl and attr disabled, but I tried again with them enabled, and
it still works.

> I will do a build using gcc 4.8.x to see if this warning still exists.

I don't think it's going to change anything. Can you do a complete
"make clean all" cycle to verify that the error still exists? If it
does, can you please post on http://code.bulix.org the contents of
rsync config.log file, as well as the complete build output of the
rsync package, from its extraction step?

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons