[Buildroot] Autobuilder news

Luca Ceresoli luca at lucaceresoli.net
Sun May 4 21:32:12 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas, Yann, Arnout, all,

Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Two news about the autobuilders:
>
>   * The Crosstool-NG external toolchain configurations have been updated
>     and slightly extended. Yann E. Morin has provided me with a good set
>     of more up-to-date toolchains generated by Crosstool-NG, and I've
>     added them to the Free Electrons autobuilders, as a replacement for
>     the old ones. The new configurations are:
>
>       http://autobuild.buildroot.org/toolchains/configs/free-electrons/armv5-ctng-linux-gnueabi.config
>       http://autobuild.buildroot.org/toolchains/configs/free-electrons/armv6-ctng-linux-uclibcgnueabi.config
>       http://autobuild.buildroot.org/toolchains/configs/free-electrons/armv7-ctng-linux-gnueabihf.config

With reference to the discussion I started a couple of weeks ago [1],
there is now a non-Linaro external EABIhf toolchain on the autobuilders.

I checked it and it does not seem to produce the same problem I met,
because it ships ld-linux-armhf.so.3, not ld-linux.so.3, but I don't
think it is a multilib toolchain, is it?

Is it a habit in modern EABIhf toolchains to name the dynamic linker
ld-linux-armhf instead of ld-linux. This would explain why I have a
problem that nobody else seems to have here.

[1]
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.uclibc.buildroot/82456/focus=82471

--
Luca