[Buildroot] CMake requires ncurses

Fabio Porcedda fabio.porcedda at gmail.com
Thu May 8 08:36:25 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 9:06 PM, Samuel Martin <s.martin49 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fabio, Luca, all,
>
> On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM, Fabio Porcedda <fabio.porcedda at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 7:37 PM, Luca Ceresoli <luca at lucaceresoli.net> wrote:
>>> Hi Fabio,

>>> Still I find it strange that it fails. If libncurses-dev is not
>>> found, CMake just disables building ccmake. Maybe you had configured
>>> host-cmake with libncurses-dev installed, then (re)built it without
>>> libncurses?
>
> That's weird!
> I just gave a try in a debian chroot with libncurses5 installed but
> not libncurses5-dev (so, there is the *.so files but no ncurses'
> headers) and cmake build script correctly detect that something is
> missing to build ccmake. Thus it disables ccmake build, and the build
> successfully ends.

You are right! Usually cmake builds fine even without the
libncurses5-dev package installed, but it fails when buildroot have
already built the host-ncurses package, try it:

make clean host-ncurses host-cmake

I found that because I'm building the allyespackageconfig.

I'm not sure to understand why it's happening.
Maybe cmake doesn't search headers in output/host/usr/include?

> The configure/build log would help to understand what happened.

This is the log of make host-cmake:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/123770e4ed5a12820066

Regards
--