[Buildroot] Source download overwrite

Mathieu Slabbinck matty.slabbinck at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 09:24:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to overwrite the internal download system of buidroot
for a specific homebrew package.

The goal of the package is to download multiple files and install them
accordingly.
LIBFOO_SITE contains the common part of the download link. For example
ftp://myftpserver.mydomain.com/libfoo/.

Then I'd like to have a pre-install hook that downloads some specific files
from that url, for example
- ftp://myftpserver.mydomain.com/libfoo/file1.deb
- ftp://myftpserver.mydomain.com/libfoo/file2.rpm
- ftp://myftpserver.mydomain.com/libfoo/file3.someExtension

This all works fine, but the package still tries to fetch
ftp://myftpserver.mydomain.com/libfoo/.tar.gz because of the internal way
of working of buildroot.

So how can I overwrite this method or disable it?

Kind regards,

Mathieu