[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2014-11-22

Samuel Martin s.martin49 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 20:48:37 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 9:18 PM, Alexey Brodkin
<Alexey.Brodkin at synopsys.com> wrote:
> Hi Samuel,
>
> On Sun, 2014-11-23 at 18:29 +0100, Samuel Martin wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 23, 2014 at 6:26 PM, Thomas Petazzoni
>> <thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com> wrote:
>> > Dear Samuel Martin,

>> > Yes, see
>> > http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2014-November/112629.html.
>>
>> Oh! I missed it! :-S
>> Thanks.
>
> Actually I'm wondering why "BR2_PACKAGE_NGINX_RTSIG_MODULE=y" is
> implemented in "package/nginx/Config.in"?
>
> As I may see from http://nginx.org/en/CHANGES sysctl was substituted
> with procfs in nginx:
> --->---
> Changes with nginx 0.3.58                                 14 Aug 2006
>     *) Change: now the procfs interface instead of sysctl is used on
> Linux.
> --->---
>
> Also from here
> http://hg.nginx.org/nginx/file/2c10db908b8c/auto/os/linux#l29 I may
> conclude that rt signals were used for Linux kernels between 2.2.19 and
> 2.6.17.
>
> In other words it looks like rt signals should not be used in modern
> nginx running on top of modern Linux kernel.
>
> Probably there's a real need for rt signals to be used still - I'm not
> an expert in nginx of any kind.
>
> If there's no such requirement/need for rt signals I would propose to
> remove BR2_PACKAGE_NGINX_RTSIG_MODULE completely so users don't select
> deprecated options.

Well, after ringing nginx people, I got this answer [1] (wondering
about deprecating rtsig module).

So, I'll cook a patch disabling rtsig module, at least for arc architecture.

[1] http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx-devel/2014-November/006295.html

Samuel