[Buildroot] systemd not working properly?

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sun Oct 19 10:45:25 UTC 2014

Dear systemd/Buildroot users,

I don't use systemd much, but every time I need to test a config with
systemd enabled, there are quite a few errors at boot time, and more
precisely, it doesn't even boot completely. Here are the errors I get:

[FAILED] Failed to start Remount Root and Kernel File Systems.
See 'systemctl status systemd-remount-fs.service' for details.

Then a *very* long delay because of dev-ttyAMA0.device., that finally
ends up with:

[ TIME ] Timed out waiting for device dev-ttyAMA0.device.
[DEPEND] Dependency failed for Serial Getty on ttyAMA0.

And finally, I get no getty at all.

Defconfig being used:

BR2_arm=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_EXTERNAL=y