[Buildroot] [RFC 3/3] package/kodi: Bump version to 14.0a4-Helix

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Sat Oct 4 16:43:58 UTC 2014

Bernd, All,

On 2014-10-04 18:11 +0200, Bernd Kuhls spake thusly:
> - add kodi/xbmc specific patches for ffmpeg from OpenELEC

NAK, those patches are against ffmpeg, not Kodi. They should be provided
in a separate changeset.

Also, there are quite a few patches bundled in that single biggish patch.
I'd prefer if they were provided as multiple patches, instead. It is
easier to review.

Also, the commit log for that biggish patch says:
    ffmpeg: update XBMC upstream patches

Does that mean those patches come from upstream XBMC/Kodi? If so, I'd
prefer a pointer to upstream XBMC/Kodi, rather than a pointer to a patch
bundle from a third party project.

> - add dependency to ffmpeg, xbmc does not deliver its own ffmpeg anymore

Woot! Yeah! *That* is good news! :-)

> - remove dependency to lame, audio encoders have been seperated from kodi

In what way? Does it now rely on ffmpeg instead?

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.