[Buildroot] Problems with uClicbc and libc.so.6

Angelo Compagnucci angelo.compagnucci at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 10:45:28 UTC 2014

Hi Thomas!

> The fix is pretty simple: edit /etc/mono/config and change the line:
>
> <dllmap dll="libc" target="libc.so.6" os="!windows"/>
>
> to:
>
> <dllmap dll="libc" target="libc.so.0" os="!windows"/>

This is pretty wonderfull! I totally missed that! I'll include it in a
patch file! May it work also with glibc? If yes, I can tweak a static
version of that file to include.

>>If you think it's important, I can update my patch to offer a
>> selection of which mono version should be shipped into the target
>> folder, so reducing to the essential the libraries components.

> I believe this would be useful.

Great! I'll work on that!

>> Of course you can further shrink manually your mono installation by
>> delete libraries that you don't use, but this part is not easily
>> doable and it's an optimization step that only a software developer
>> can do basing on his software.

> Yes, that's more something left for a post-build script I believe.

Sure, the developer implementing his own software can write a script
to delete all the unneeded libraries.

> I don't think you understood my comment properly: I do not claim there
> is no need for a host package. I claim that you currently have your
> host package (mono-managed) separate for the target package
> (mono-native) and that this is not needed. They could be both in a
> single package called mono, where the host variant of the package
> builds the "managed" stuff, and the target variant builds the "native"
> stuff. I'll adjust your patch to see if it's indeed possible and if it
> is, I'll show you what it looks like.

Yes, Thomas, you caught me, I did not understand your comment!
Actually I really don't know haw to achieve such a dual package in
one, but if you prompt me a minimal example, I'll work on understand
it!

Thank you for your time!

--
Profile: http://it.linkedin.com/in/compagnucciangelo