[Buildroot] perl 'custom module selection'

François Perrad francois.perrad at gadz.org
Tue Oct 14 18:52:02 UTC 2014

> Hello,
>
> I've selected perl and configured the 'custom module selection' like this:
>
> Cwd File/Basename File/Temp Getopt/Long Carp FindBin Scalar/Util
>
> But I don't get Cwd or Scalar/Util (everything else, ok).
>
> Under my build, normally these would be under i686-linux. So I also tried:
>
> i686-linux/Cwd File/Basename File/Temp Getopt/Long Carp FindBin
> i686-linux/Scalar/Util
>
> Still no Cwd or Scalar/Util. Suggestions?
>Cwd File/Basename File/Temp Getopt/Long Carp FindBin Scalar/Util

The field 'custom module selection' allows to select some Perl core
modules, when you don't want all core modules.
If you set the field with:
    Cwd File/Basename File/Temp Getopt/Long Carp FindBin Scalar/Util
you could see theses lines during the Perl configure step:
    Static modules:
    Non-XS modules: cpan/File-Temp cpan/Getopt-Long dist/Carp
    Dynamic modules: dist/Cwd

The module FindBin and File/Basename are always included because there
are in the 'lib' directory (and not in 'cpan' or 'dist').

Finally, Scalar::Util is not a core module, but a part of Scalar-List-Utils.
You could create the corresponding packages with the command:
   $ support/script/scancpan Scalar-List-Utils

And after select it in the ''Perl libraries/modules" list.

Scalar-Util is a XS module, not a pure Perl module. So, you couldn't
use the option BR2_PREFER_STATIC_LIB.

If you don't have a strong footprint constraint, let empty the field
'custom module selection' and embeds all core modules.

François