[Buildroot] systemctl enable

Maxime Hadjinlian maxime.hadjinlian at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 10:12:45 UTC 2014

Hi Hiram, all

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Paassen, Hiram van
<Hiram.van.Paassen at mastervolt.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We use buildroot and systemd. We used to enable services on build by
> making the relevant symlinks. However broken symlinks in our VCS are a
> bit annoying and we were risking getting out of sync between the
> [install] section in the unit file and the actual installed symlinks.
>
> So after asking around on the systemd mailing list someone from open
> embedded suggested this script:
> https://github.com/openembedded/oe-core/blob/master/meta/recipes-core/systemd/systemd-systemctl/systemctl
>
> This works great but is still means that all our services need to
> execute this from the SERVICE_FOO_INSTALL_INIT_SYSTEMD hook.
>
> I think this can be generalized even further by adding another systemd
> hook/list so that you can do
>
> SERVICE_FOO_SYSTEMD_UNIT_FILE += $(@D)/service_foo.service
I am currently working on such an "auto" install feature. And at the
moment, it looks itself for *.service file.
But I push for having a variable, since a lot of new packages will
have init scripts in their sources.
So it's a work in progress, I will push my current branch as an RFC as
soon as it's cleaned up (should be this week end). And then we could
discuss things further.
What would be really nice, would be to have some kind of infra
structure to chose which services should be part of which targets, and
so on. But that'll be done at a later time I think.