[Buildroot] qemu compiling error

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Fri Oct 17 22:03:52 UTC 2014

Arnout, All,

On 2014-10-15 14:05 +0200, Arnout Vandecappelle spake thusly:
> On 15/10/14 11:22, Stéphane ANCELOT wrote:
> > git compiling I have got target list unknown error
>
>  Please read the section in the manual about submitting bug reports: you should
> give us the result of 'make savedefconfig' and which buildroot version you're using.
>
>  However, in this case it happens to be obvious from the output, because the
> error message is right there:
>
> [snip]
> > ERROR: Unknown target name 'i386-softmmu'
>
>  You gave i386-softmmu as the target name (configuration variable
> BR2_PACKAGE_QEMU_CUSTOM_TARGETS) but that doesn't exist. You probably want to
> set it to i386.

Nope, i386-softmmu is the correct setting. It;s just a bug in the
package I submitted. I already talked to Peter about this, and the fact
that it used to work in the past (series is roughly 2.5 years old now),
but I only comnfigured it with all emulations now, so did not notice
this breakage.

Fix done, pending, ETA: this week-end.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.