[Buildroot] Firmware update for Buildroot

Romain Naour romain.naour at openwide.fr
Mon Oct 20 21:49:35 UTC 2014

Hi Angelo, Thomas, All

Le 20/10/2014 16:48, Thomas Petazzoni a écrit :
> Dear Angelo Compagnucci,
>
> On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 16:42:03 +0200, Angelo Compagnucci wrote:
>
>>> There is also https://github.com/sbabic/swupdate, which was presented
>>> last week at ELCE, see
>>> http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/SoftwareUpdateForEmbedded.pdf.
>>
>> Really interesting! I'll try it as soon as possible! Any plan to
>> include it in buildroot?
>
> I think Romain Naour said he had started to look into it. Not sure how
> far his efforts have gone so far, though.

Yes indeed swupdate is very interesting but it need some work to be done before
being integrated to Buildroot.

I have sent to the list my work on swupdate packaging:
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/401270/

It's completely untested, so be free to resend a new version if you can test it :)

Romain Naour

OPEN WIDE Ingénierie - Paris
23/25, rue Daviel| 75013 PARIS
http://ingenierie.openwide.fr

Le blog des technologies libres et embarquées :
http://www.linuxembedded.fr