[Buildroot] Analysis of build failures

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Sep 8 12:29:02 UTC 2014

Dear Vicente Olivert Riera,

On Mon, 8 Sep 2014 13:20:56 +0100, Vicente Olivert Riera wrote:

> One could think we should add that dependence to the
> BR2_PACKAGE_QT_ARCH_SUPPORTS_WEBKIT symbols instead, but there are
> packages depending on that symbol which compile fine on MIPS64 n32, for
> instance grantlee.

That doesn't make sense. More precisely, it's your commit
a88dceb951de977ad2d896d697f87d98e9705280 that doesn't make sense.
You're adding a "depends on BR2_PACKAGE_QT_ARCH_SUPPORTS_WEBKIT" to
grantlee because grantlee has "select BR2_PACKAGE_QT_SCRIPT".

The reason why your commit doesn't make sense appears clearly now: the
set of architectures that have support for QtScript and QtWebkit is not
the same. So, if QtScript is restricted to certain architectures,
please introduce a BR2_PACKAGE_QT_ARCH_SUPPORTS_SCRIPT separate from
BR2_PACKAGE_QT_ARCH_SUPPORTS_WEBKIT, and use them appropriately.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons