[Buildroot] Using u-boot tools

Kantanu Kumar Mohapatra kantanukumar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 19:41:17 UTC 2014

On 30-Sep-2014 12:44 AM, "Thomas De Schampheleire" <
patrickdepinguin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Kantanu,
>
> (please don't top post)
>
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 8:43 PM, Kantanu Kumar Mohapatra
> <kantanukumar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Many thanks.
> >
> > Yaa I too found it as the place to take the source. The thing is, uboot
> > tools is under auto-target. That's I am not much familiar with, how to
make
> > changes to that to take the source?
> >
> > I'll be thankful if you could help me to make changes to that makefile.
>
> Have a look at the manual chapter regarding adding new packages. It
> explains the different variables that exist, both for the generic and
> autotools infrastructures.
> http://buildroot.uclibc.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#adding-packages
>
> What Thomas Petazzoni suggested is to change the variable
UBOOT_TOOLS_VERSION.

> Best regards,
> Thomas

Thanks Thomas. I have tried with changing the tools version, that's not
working, as buildroot 10 not having uboot tool separate. fw_printenv comes
integrated with uboot-tools-10.03.

I can see the target fw_printenv, gets compiled like this,
$(TARGET_DIR)/usr/sbin/fw_printenv: $(U_BOOT_DIR)/$(U_BOOT_BIN)
$(TARGET_CC) -I$(U_BOOT_DIR)/include -I$(LINUX_HEADERS_DIR)/include \
-DUSE_HOSTCC -o $@ \
$(U_BOOT_DIR)/tools/env/*.c $(U_BOOT_DIR)/lib_generic/crc32.c

I am using here another -D flag in uboot-tools-10.03. Same thing want to
replicated for uboot tools 14 and same source only want to take.

Thanks,
Kantanu