[Buildroot] uClibc build verbosity control

Vineet Gupta Vineet.Gupta1 at synopsys.com
Mon Apr 27 08:20:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

uClibc verbosity control V=xx is different from other mainstream projects: namely Busybox and Linux kernel.
To print full cmdlines (when debugging obscure toolchain issues) we need to pass V=2 whereas kernel/busybox take V=1.

Can this be changed (I can provide a patch) assuming this doesn't break existing scripts upsetting some people.

My issue is specifically when using likes of Buildroot, there's no obvious way to get the cmdlines of uClibc and/or other projects (unless there's some obvious way I'm missing).

Thx,
-Vineet