[Buildroot] Can we update NodeJS package to 0.12.*

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Mon Apr 13 19:19:49 UTC 2015

Dear George Chen,

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015 16:05:59 +0000, George Chen wrote:
> Current 2015.03 buildroot contains NodeJS 0.10.36
>
> Is there a way to customly configure the package to 0.11.* or 0.12.*?

Well, just adjust nodejs.mk. And then, send a patch to the Buildroot
mailing list, so that we can integrate this update in the official
Buildroot.

> The reason for the newer NodeJS version is that IPv6 is not fully supported in 0.10.*
>
> I tried to change Config.mk

I guess you meant nodejs.mk here.

> - NODEJS_VERSION = 0.10.36
> + NODEJS_VERSION = 0.12.0
>
> However, I am getting the make error:
>
> ../deps/v8/src/base/atomicops_internals_arm_gcc.h:258:4: error: #error "Your CPU's ARM architecture is not supported yet"

For which ARM target are you trying to build?

> Is my only option to add NodeJS 0.12.0 as a custom package?

Why would you want to add another package? Just improve the existing
nodejs package.

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni
--