[Buildroot] wide-dhcpv6 crash when built in buildroot version 2014.05 using a cross toolchain arm-buildroot-linux-gnueabihf with gcc version 4.8.3

Gustavo Zacarias gustavo at zacarias.com.ar
Tue Apr 14 18:54:16 UTC 2015

On 04/14/2015 03:25 PM, Srinivasan R wrote:

> Hi All,
> I am using the latest version of buildroot (2014.05) for my project, I happen to port the wide-dhcpv6 package which I had in the previous version(buildroot-2010.05) to the current buildroot version(2014.05).

Hi.
Well, the package hasn't been ported to any modern package format, so
debugging an old (very old) package just thrown into a new buildroot
version is generally a no-go since the old style hasn't been accepted or
used for a long time.
Otherwise there are many things that could go wrong.
Also you don't specify the precise target or a defconfig to check.
I suggest you convert the package to a generic one (look at the manual),
try again and see if it still fails.
Alternatively if you're in such a rush you could use dibbler which is a
far more modern/maintained DHCPv6 client/server/relay.
Regards.