[Buildroot] Towards 2015.05-rc1

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at free-electrons.com
Sun Apr 19 21:02:45 UTC 2015

Bernd,

On Sun, 19 Apr 2015 22:14:24 +0200, Bernd Kuhls wrote:

> if possible and time allows for all involved persons I would like to see the
> libudev series stuff in the next buildroot release.

As far as I remember, someone needs to take over this series, no? I
believe you originally authored it, then Yann took over, then Peter
proposed to take over but did not resend it as far as I know.

On my side, I am still a bit concerned by the usefulness of this
series. The use cases you have are anyway running big things (Kodi,
etc.) so I'm not sure why running udevd or not makes a big difference.
It does seem a lot of additional complexity for not such a huge
benefit.

Can you convince me otherwise?

Thanks,

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons