[Buildroot] how to point at a massive local archive of S/W tarballs

Matthew Weber matthew.weber at rockwellcollins.com
Mon Apr 20 12:55:07 UTC 2015

Robert,

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:

>   (NOTE: first of a few fairly basic questions as i play with the
> current buildroot after being away for a bit.)
>
>   if i'm starting a new build, how can i take advantage of the
> gigabytes of S/W tarballs i've collected for doing OE/yocto project
> builds?
>
>   i want to set the equivalent of a local mirror -- would i set a
> value in the "Primary download site" config option, with the format
> "file:///pathname/to/all/my/tarballs"?

Take a look here:
http://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#_advanced_usage
Section 8.11.4 describes a method for setting a download location via
env or capturing it as part of a targets configuration.

--
Matthew L Weber / Pr Software Engineer
Airborne Information Systems / Security Systems and Software / Secure Platforms