[Buildroot] how to point at a massive local archive of S/W tarballs

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Mon Apr 20 13:28:43 UTC 2015

On Mon, 20 Apr 2015, Matthew Weber wrote:

> Robert,
>
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at crashcourse.ca> wrote:
> >

> >   (NOTE: first of a few fairly basic questions as i play with the
> > current buildroot after being away for a bit.)
> >
> >   if i'm starting a new build, how can i take advantage of the
> > gigabytes of S/W tarballs i've collected for doing OE/yocto project
> > builds?
> >
> >   i want to set the equivalent of a local mirror -- would i set a
> > value in the "Primary download site" config option, with the format
> > "file:///pathname/to/all/my/tarballs"?
>
> Take a look here:
> http://buildroot.org/downloads/manual/manual.html#_advanced_usage
> Section 8.11.4 describes a method for setting a download location via
> env or capturing it as part of a targets configuration.

  i read that but it *seems* that that will simply use a shared
download directory for both download destination *and* tarballs you
need. what i'm after is the yocto project equivalent of a local source
mirror, and others have already insisted that there's no such thing in
buildroot.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca