[Buildroot] how to point at a local archive of S/W tarballs?

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Mon Apr 20 20:17:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

>> That said, adding support for file:// in BR2_PRIMARY_SITE is trivial to add. In
 >> fact, I used to have such a patch in a much older buildroot version.

 > Well, I was thinking of this, too, but I really wonder if that makes
 > sense: archives are copied from the primary, so you'd end up with
 > duplication locally.

 > Unless we're playing it smart and make symlinks.

 > But then what would happen if the archive disapear from primary?

I would prefer to keep it dumb and simple. The typical usecase for
BR2_PRIMARY_SITE is imho just to use to local mirror for download speed
/ reliability reasons (that's atleast what I have used it for).

I don't feel strongly for/against file:// support, but if there's a
desire to add it ..

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard